What is an SEO Copywriter?
An SEO copywriter provides compelling, high-quality, keyphrase optimised content to help you grow your authority and drive more traffic to your website.
Many people also use the term SEO content writing – the terms have become interchangeable.
Copywriting services are often more focused on converting leads into sales. It is therefore sensible to choose a copywriter who has experience in the particular copy you are looking for, such as Facebook Ads, landing pages, sales email sequences etc.
What exactly does an SEO Web Copywriter do?
An SEO web copywriter produces high-quality content to meet the needs of the reader. They must also include the keywords in context so that the website can easily be found and identified as a credible source to be displayed by the search engine. The primary job of the SEO web copywriter is to write copy that ranks highly on the search engine results page. An SEO copywriter might use the services of an SEO keyword specialist to identify the target SEO keyphrases.
Why do I need SEO copywriting?
Without focused effort on using the right keywords and a number of other important on-page elements that search engines look for when ranking pages, your website will be buried amongst the millions of others out there in the vast chasm of the internet.
How much does it cost to hire an SEO web copywriter?
Hmm, that’s a good, but difficult to answer question. Most SEO copywriters who are working on website optimisation will charge on a project basis. You’ll need to ask for a quote. If you are looking for a copywriter to write you sales landing pages or sales funnels, these are often priced based on what return they are expected to bring. The copywriter may display prices for content writing such as blog writing packages on their website.
Neil Patel’s explanation of SEO Copywriting may also be helpful.
Ranking content on page 1 of Google
There are many elements to getting your content to rank on page 1 of Google for your chosen keyphrase. It’s not just as simple as ensuring you use your target keyphrase in your copy. Broadly there are 5 areas to focus on:
- Choose a topic that people are interested in and are searching for
- Pick a compelling headline
- Write high-quality content that engages the reader and answers their questions
- Incorporate your key phrase in the right places in the content
- Distribute the content as widely as possible.
How I provide SEO Copywriting services
- Initial free discovery call with client to understand project scope
- Proposal sent to client
- Terms of engagement letter on agreement of proposal
- Schedule monthly calls for writing packages or ad-hoc meetings as needed for web copywriting projects
- Research keywords with client – we may use a specialist service provider for this task
- Hone brand messaging for web copywriting projects
- Draft pages/blogs including all on-page SEO elements relating to target keyphrases, images, text length and links
- Up to 2 edits per page/blog
- Sign off project for publishing.
Is your website working hard enough for you?
If your website is not bringing you many enquiries, perhaps it’s time for a revamp of the content to make it stand out. Remember it’s a delicate balance between writing for the search engine and writing for the customer. The two must work together.
I’d love to know more about how your website is working to drive traffic or position you as an authority in your field. I can help you improve in both areas.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07789 928530
Michelle Eshkeri is a North London based copywriter, specialising in SEO web copywriting, SEO content writing, blog writing and other business communications. Her niche areas are lifestyle, health, wellbeing, finance, education and creative industries.